Wednesday, May 02, 2007

ups and downs

So, I actually had a commitment-free lunch hour today. No meetings, no errands, just one blissful hour to spend as I chose. This almost never happens, so it was a delightfully decadent luxury. And...

I walked uptown to discover that the wonderfully quirky rabbit-warren of a used bookstore is closed on Wednesdays. Grrrrr! What a disappointment.

But, on the plus side: the day is gorgeous and I got to be outside for a little while. My walk took me past the grubby little convenience store that sells banana ice cream popsicles enrobed in chocolate for 25 cents. (really. where else can you get so much pleasure for so little money.) And I came back and searched our online catalog and discovered that Natasha Trethewey's Native Guard is actually in our library and not out on loan.

So, in sum, a good hour.

No comments: